Textures in stone
Franklin Simmons (1839-1913), Penelope, 1896, Marble
Gift of the Daughters of Penelope, an International Hellenic Women’s Organization, to the Fine Arts Museums of San Fransisco on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Daughters’ founding by Alexandra Apostolides in San Francisco on November 16, 1929. The donation in honor of Hellenism was made possible by the vision of Mrs. Julia G. Constantine, National President, the generosity of Mrs. Mary G. Kottis, and the chairmanship of Mrs. Mary Chicos.
Categories: art, history, macro, museums, Photography, San Francisco, signs and graffiti
Leave a Reply